The Weekend is Here

I just got back from a very nice long dinner with Faith. We ate at ND street bar and then got ice cream at Walrus ice cream. We talked the evening away, literally. It was so good to catch up with her. She is such a sweet person. She said she is really going to miss me and somehow I found it really hard to believe but I'm so glad and honored to be missed by her. She said I've made my mark on Ft. Collins and the people here will miss me. I'm glad that a part of me will miss Ft. Collins. I want to be able to look back and say that it was a good time and that I did hard things but I had fun and made friends who miss me. That's I think what you can hope for when leaving a season that has been your life for the last 6 months.

My two new roommates were supposed to move in today. I haven't seen them until right now when their car pulled into the drive way. I don't know if they've moved in already or are just now arriving. I'm eager to meet them and as the mini kitchen is not done yet, it will be interesting to see how 5 people navigate the kitchen. 

Today, I saw the most people I've seen in one day. I could have fit more in but was glad to have the last couple hours to work on my research paper. I was extra glad when work was done and I dressed up a bit to go to dinner. Denim mini skirt, yellow crop top and orangy-red lipstick. 

My warm room welcomed me when I got back. I flipped on the fan and opened the windows and lit a candle. I really do miss my room in Justin. I miss my bed. This is a good space for now though. 

I asked Faith tonight about my skin care routine because she is an expert in it. I've noticed my pours are super huge and I've wondered at it. It was actually very nice to know that I've been doing good things to my face and even purchased some lactic acid which will help. She said because it's so dry here that my pours are clogged. She also recommend rose water spray to carry around to hydrate the face throughout the day.

I'm watching a show called Virgin River that Jo and I used to watch together. It's got so much drama though that sometimes I have to take a break. Currently, one person just dies of cancer, another one is in the hospital after a car accident and the girl of his dreams just told him she's pregnant with the sperm of her dead husband. Gosh! I can only take so much when it feels like my life has it's own drama.

I keep thinking about all the date worthy spots here and then thinking about all the places I would want to take someone. I've been thinking a lot about the challenges of being single lately. I just want to share my life with someone. I'm thankful for the people that God has brought to me and that I am not alone. Although I have felt alone so many times.

Oh gosh, super sleepy. I love you dear readers. Hope you are well and living life to the fullest that you can.

All my love and more,

Grace Kathleen

💐💗

Comments

Popular Posts