Fall 2022

I'm playing instrumental music tomorrow for the staff meeting. We have a slideshow of people who have died and I'll be playing for that. I committed to it because actually it's right up my ally and any chance to play the piano over the guitar I'll take. I can't believe I only have 1 month and 2 weeks left and then I won't be in this place anymore or doing this internship.  It's crazy to think about how immersed my life has been in it and soon it won't anymore. 

I will be working for Jo, 12 hours a week and just applied to Froth Coffee bar in Haslet, TX for another part time job. I realized I don't really want to be a full time nanny even if it does pay. I've missed the coffee industry and even though I don't drink it anymore, I would rather be a barista again in this time before I get a full time Music Therapy job. Fingers crossed! There's a froth coming to Denton but I don't think it's opened yet.

If it doesn't pay more than $8 an hour though, I will be looking for something else. That I can't stomach anymore. I'm worth more and will need more in general to live on. As soon as I save up for this board exam, I'm taking it.

Proud news though! I scheduled my pap smear. As a woman of 27, I've been really needing to do it. Well, the appointment is set! It's scheduled for September 26th. I will need to set a little aside for that as well. Luckily, Jo said I could start work as soon as I'm able. Probably as soon as the 15th! I can't afford to wait around. 

I'm calling the dentist office tomorrow on my lunch! I keep forgetting that it's an hour later in TX and not calling soon enough but tomorrow, it's in the calendar! Can you tell I'm excited to start my life back in TX? I really feel it today. Like, that's all I want. There are many things still up in the air but I'm hoping and praying for them all to be worked out. I'm hoping for the very best things to come to pass.

I did my finances for the rest of my time here. Knowing me, it's barely enough but the thing is, it is enough and I'm so thankful. A way was made for me to go on these trips, eat, pay bills, be able to have a couple counseling sessions.

My counselor still hasn't reached out and I'm beginning to worry that she never will. I decided to just take two sessions with her. That's all I want to spend and honestly that's all I think I will need. She was very helpful but I'm not feeling she is what I need currently.

My heart to yours,

Grace Kathleen

💗💐

Comments

Popular Posts