Recipe for Deliciousness

Today I saw 8 people. I'm pretty sure Beth sees way more people in a day. I think if you start at 9 and go till 4, with only breaks for writing notes and lunch, you could see like 15 people. That's a crazy amount for me who at the most sees 4-5 people a day. I'm thankful I'm sitting down now and drinking a chai at the Purple Cup. Just found this place and realized you can come and play board games here. It's bringing me back to my DnD days. I wish I had brought Patti here. She would have appreciated it. I do want to find someone to play games together with here, at least once. I like exploring and finding new places though I really wish I had someone to explore with. I think I'm pretty much over the exploring on my own bit.

I'm feeling very nostalgic though. I'm overhearing the banter between the two coworkers and realizing that used to be me. Thinking about the possibility of working at a coffee shop again, makes me realize that it won't be the same as when I was 21. I automatically get put in the older category and therefore get treated differently. Although, I hope to go for a manager's position and use my experience and love of people to my benefit. I aim to except the change of getting older. 

I talked with sweet Vanessa tonight. She really is so kind to me. I'm thankful for her.

The new intern starts on Monday. Beth told me today that she will be with me a lot. That's a little nerve racking because there are times I still don't know what I'm doing but I knew it was coming and I think it will be good for me. It will create some accountability. Her name is Sydney. 

I'm helping Michelle move apartments tomorrow and because Sydney lives in the same apartments that Michelle is moving out of, we might run into her. It will be good to have three interns again though roles reversed.  I can't believe it's only 6 weeks till I come home!!

Michelle is treating me to brunch tomorrow and I'm so excited! I usually hate weekend because I spend them alone but not anymore! Trying to stay positive. Today I had to talk encouragement to myself. I realize I am such a complainer.  I need to do better. I told myself that I have skill and I have something to offer and that I make a difference. That helped me start my day better.

I will enjoy my time here! I will not be depressed! Talking with Vanessa helped. I had dinner with Bobi on Monday and that also helped. I didn't end up going to the party on Thursday because Sarah-Anne FaceTimed me. I'd prefer to do that anyways. 

I've been drinking too much wine and gluten this week. I've been kind of coping and trying to drown out my sorrows that way. Not the best way. On a positive note though, I made the best gluten and dairy free sandwich in the world! It was a basil tomato and ham grilled cheese sandwich. So delicious that I inhaled it!

Recipe:

Butter both sides of Canyon GF White Bread

Lay the slices facedown in the skillet. 

Spread basil pesto on the opposite sides. Just to be clear, I didn't make this pesto dairy free and just bought it as is because I was in a hurry. Another quick substitution would be to spread on some mayo and buy fresh basil instead.

Sprinkle on a layer of So Delicious dairy free cheese on both sides. Turn on the burner to low heat.

Warm up your ham and tomato in the pan beforehand or a toaster oven. Make sure and salt your tomatoes.

After warming up, add a layer of ham to both sides

Add tomato slices to only one side.

After each slice has a subtle toast, flip the tomatoless side onto the other half. Toast till both sides are golden brown. Cut in half and enjoy!

All my love and more,

Grace Kathleen

💗💐

P.S. Story is still to come. There are some pretty lovable characters and just a smidge of drama....well maybe a lot. 😉

P.S.S. I've decided I want to be happy today. I want love in my heart for myself. It's important you feel it everyday. Really what I want is to be ok. I just miss things in my life right now. I miss you know, what could have been. So there, I'm determined.  I'm really desperate to be so…

Comments

Popular Posts