Just Like Sunlight

I've been thinking a lot about hobbies. I think it's important to have them. Something that brings you joy and can turn to on a hard day or when you just need need a break from doing work. Sunday night I was feeling lonely and thinking about ways I could do beneficial things for my heart and soul to help prepare me for the week. I decided to do some scrapbooking. I have a bunch of cards and little nick knacks that are memories that I've decided to scrapbook so they're all in one place. That evening I scrapbooked all the little notes from my niece Bellamy. It was kind of hard to cut up her cards because she has such a sweet spot in my heart but I knew it would be better then holding on to all of these loose cards and maybe one day I'll show her what she drew for me when she was young. 

I also color or read. Most of the time I get tired really fast and don't have the space to read but I think it's really wonderful to have that one book that you're in the middle of that you can always pickup. For those who like to read and have the focus for it, I highly recommend it. I'm currently reading The Penderwicks on Gardam Street, a fun, light, summer read about four sisters, a hound and a boy. I love, love, love this book so much! 💐

Today has been a sleepy day. My room finally cooled off considerably last night but I'm still catching up from the last three nights being overheated and not sleeping well. I'm almost through another week though and I'm so thankful. I'm checking things off my list of goals and making progress where I need to. This week I need to work on calling up TWU and paying off my graduation fee and then starting my research paper.

I've really never felt so motivated like this before. I'm so ready to be done! I don't have a choice but to do all the things I need to do and not procrastinate. The procrastination always comes from feeling overwhelmed but thank the Lord that those days have been less and less.

I love this quote because it reminds me how special friendship is. I sang You Are My Sunshine for a resident today and it's so sweet to see how that is the only song that get's them singing. It's actually a very sad song but I just love how it says that you are my sunshine. I love referring to people as sunshine. I really don't know what I'd do without them in my life. I got invited to a birthday party by a coworker today after sharing that finding community when you only have six months is hard. She was so kind and I thought very intentional about inviting me.

Here is Kinna Grannis singing it. I also kind of like Jasmine Thomson's version. I like how she changes the melody subtly. 

You Are My Sunshine by Kinna Grannis

You Are My Sunshine by Jasmine Thomson

All my love,

💐💗💐

🤗 🤗🤗

Grace Kathleen

Comments

Popular Posts