Speeches, Gnocchi and a Hot Day

This week and next week, I'm giving a little speech at our team meeting. This morning I felt everything was going wrong and I was getting increasingly frustrated and stressed. Everything was fine and I got through the speech just fine. I have another one at 9:45. There's 5 team meetings through out the week and I'm spreading it out over two weeks.

There has been policy changes and changes to the Music Therapy team and the speech was about the changes, as well as how the team can talk about Music Therapy to the caregivers and families. I'm feeling quite hard on myself because I skipped a whole part of the speech because I was nervous and two people kept talking to themselves and it felt like they weren't listening. I'm in the music therapy office now and am looking at push pin board on the wall. There's a sheet with inspirational I statements. "I am me and I'm ok," "I have many gifts and talents," "I am unique and special," "It's ok to not know everything." They are really helping me this morning.

Sarah is giving me one of her fans for my room because it is so hot currently that just sitting on my bed I start to sweat. I open the windows at night but it never get's cooler than 70 and not till like midnight. After a full day of high 90 degree weather, it takes awhile for the room to cool down and therefore I haven't been getting any sleep. I sleep backwards on the bed so I get the full flow of air from the ceiling fan, wearing as few things as possible and not using any blankets until early morning. It's been an adjustment to say the least from the cool basement.

I love waking up to the flood of light though and having such a nice bedside table has been wonderful. I know I will be just fine and adapt to my new space. I'm very glad I had the basement for as long as I did. It held so many tears and laughter and really low moments but now it's time to move on from that and onto the next thing. Last night I spent almost an hour on the phone with Michelle. She was helping me with my speech but we also got to encouraging one another and I had a good laugh. It felt good to be laying on my bed talking up a friend and not worrying about every little thing like I always do.

I'll have to eventually clean my bathroom and vacuum the carpet. There is dog hair everywhere. The last person to use the room was the dog sitter and always let Clover sleep with her. I really can't stand dog hair on bathroom floors though or in the shower. I'll get around to it eventually after I recuperate from moving. I finished cleaning the basement last night and it only took me an hour because well I'm a professional now, lol. It brought back memories of cleaning in Salado.

Tonight I'm playing Minecraft with Matt and hopefully doing some cooking if I feel up to it. I have chicken and broccoli and potatoes that have been waiting to be cooked but I also have this gluten-free gnocchi that has been calling my name. I want to make it in honor of my best friend because to be honest, I miss her everyday. It needs to be perfect though with the perfect sauce and I haven't decided what sauce yet. Should I go creamy or red sauce?

That's all for now. Must get to practicing my bar chords before the next meeting. Sending all my love and a big hug.

Grace Kathleen 
❤️💐 💐


Comments

Popular Posts