Breckenridge

I'm looking forward to my trip to Breckenridge this weekend but I had such a strange dream last night about the trip and I woke feeling so uneasy. I hope the feeling goes away. I just want to enjoy the trip and not let uneasy, uncomfortable feelings get in the way. It's funny, I started watching a show called The Sandman which is about dreams and then I had such a strange dream that lingered and is bothering me.

There's an art festival happening in Breckenridge. That will be super interesting to walk around and see. There's a Revaluation Music series that I wish I could go to but it's only on Friday and I won't be able to make it. We're also taking turns cooking. I'm going with Catie Sheedy, one of Jo's friends. She's driving from Albuquerque, NM. We're both GF so that will be nice. I'm making my pumpkin french toast and she's cooking a dinner. Friday night we're eating fancy at Aurum Food and Wine Breckenridge. 

https://www.breckcreate.org/festivals/

https://aurumbreckenridge.com/

I told Beth I was going and she said she thought that was really funny. She didn't get why I would go there instead of Vale. She said it was like someone saying they were going to Plano, TX. I laughed. I've heard from several people that Breckenridge is the place to go though so that's where I'm going.

Just heard a new Beach Boys song called Forever. I love the lyrics but it kinda makes me sad. Now Stevie Wonder's You Are The Sunshine of My Life, now that song makes me happy.

I visited a new church on Sunday. It's called Overland Church. The people were nice and there were pieces of the sermon I appreciated. It's a small church and there weren't many people there. The one thing that stood out to me was when the pastor said that even when we do things that the Lord clearly advises against us and it hurts us, he still has compassion on us and shows mercy to relive us. I took that to heart. He is not a spiteful God and always gracious.

After service, I walked around Old Town and picked out some gifts for my people to take back with me. I ran into a girl at Barnes and Nobles and then saw her again at Old Town. We exchanged numbers. She may not reach out but I'm glad I acted on it. I've had this feeling before and met someone really cool because of it.

Saturday evening, was a terrible night. I went to see Where The Crawdads Sing and there was a scene that activated something in me and I couldn't shake it. I was crying in my car for an hour and couldn't go back to the house. I finally did and just sat outside in the driveway and cried some more. I really wished I could call my best friend. I talked to Vanessa about it and she helped me process. I really need a counselor to talk it through but I don't have that right now.

I wonder, today was a short one. I thought, is this day really over. I hope the hours continue to fly. So my kids, my girls can be with me. I miss first days when they were babies but I love how big they are now. A new day will come when they will be adults. Well what of that. And then school, grade and college..

I hope I'm ready for what is to come. I'm really thinking that it might be hard to adjust. I wonder about what lies ahead for me.  Some times you don't know what the plan will be. Keep moving and doing one day at a time. I hope the future becomes clearer. Just be kids, don't worry about the future..

I think I need a break. Before my love for music diminishes. I think you need a general break after such an intensive.. 

I wonder I do, if there's a good tea spot in Breckenridge. I really think about that now that I'm not drinking coffee. If ever you're looking for good tea spots, I'm your girl. Well really, the girl for the job is my best friend. She is most wonderful at finding good spots. I need wonderful little spots with good tea. I'm a person who likes to explore and find all the spots, not just the good ones lol. With tea and anything GF, I'm a happy camper. And also, I'm in need of DF too but that's easier.  Aren't I so lucky in having many people who can recommend places to me?! I feel lucky anyways. And so that is that. We'll be you know, very high up so I'm assuming a headache now. I don't love that. Awe poor me, it'll still be great!..

Guess what, I'm moving back to TX in just one month! Isn't just thinking about the prospect so exciting?! I think about it all the time. I mean, all the time. With all those thoughts, it takes up the hours at night. So very late into the night. All those nights, I almost pack everything up at that moment. I wish talking about it would make it happen sooner. I'm glad when it does happen, I'll be excited for it. And soon we will be together friends. No more first goodbyes but only no more goodbyes. I'll be met with joy on that day.. I truly miss you beyond compare.

All my love,

Grace Kathleen

💐💗


Comments

Popular Posts