Adventures in the Mountains

This trip has been so wonderful. It really has. I'm glad to be going back now though. 

Driving up in the mountains was beautiful. There was light rains and glorious rainbows and tunnels that crept all the way through a mountain. There was also traffic though. So much traffic. Climbing up a mountain was one thing but then having to pace yourself from speeding going down was quite another. The decline was pretty significant. 

A thunder storm greeted me as I entered Breckenridge. Lightening cracking in the trees like electricity. Torrential downpours that wouldn't let up. Catie and I got soaked many times but we made it to dinner at Aurum and got a table. It was quite the adventure. 

The food was delicious but after words we went and got Polenta at Giampietro Pasta & Pizzeria. We took it back to the house and got out of the rain.

We were up talking till 11:30 and curled up to bed. It's been wonderful to get to know Catie. She really encouraged me and spoke truth into my life. Plus she's just a bright light.

I made my Pumpkin French Toast in the morning and it was very good. I really do love cooking for others. We spent the day on multiple adventures. We walked to town of Breckenridge and walked the river walk. There was the Breckenridge Art Festival going on so we stopped and saw different exhibitions. They were very unique and nothing like I've seen before. A TV that reflected you in watercolor or a a screen of
movable bricks that electronically moved to reflect you.

We got visited a spice and tea shop, Mountain View Coffee Bar and a museum. Catie bought some homemade beef jerky and we took it to the Lake that spread from Breckenridge to Frisco, the neighboring town. When we got there we couldn't find a trail but a man passing recommended to drive further up to Frisco where there was a Marina and more trails and you could rent out kayaking. We drove up and explored and took a snack on the beach. We were both tired of walking but wanted to have more adventures so we we rented out a canoe and took to the waves. Little did we know how good of an adventure we'd have. 

It was beautiful and calm rowing out. There were little islands around us and sailboats everywhere. After an hour in, we turned around to head back because the staff had warned us it would be harder rowing back and that the waves would keep trying to push us to shore. Sure enough, the wind picked up and it was taking all our efforts to keep a straight line and push against the waves. We kept being pushed either to the shore or to where oncoming motor boats were traveling. The wind was savage and stole my favorite hat from me. It's probably at the bottom of the lake now. At one point the wind and waves were so bad that I shouted out to dock and walk. It became our little phrase when the waves became too much. We headed to shore and got out and pulled the boat around a very windy corner. 

Finally the wind was better and we made it safely back to the actual dock. We were elated and felt exuberated at making it and going on such an exciting adventure. It had both been many years since we last went so it was a learning experience how to make the most of rowing but tiring out at every second.

We got back and I took a long bath while Catie made dinner. It was the best bath ever. Of course my face and neck were burnt from sun reflecting off the water and the wind blowing constantly and I was sore all over but it felt so peaceful and rejuvenating to finally to get a bath. The last bath I took was when I was in TX in May.

Catie made a scrumptious meal of honey mustard salmon, smashed potatoes and and peach tomato salad. She is chef extraordinaire indeed.

I guess my dream was nothing to worry about. I'm now sitting at Abbey's Coffee in Frisco, CO writing up this post. I wasn't ready to leave the area yet. 

I think I am very glad I came. I really can't believe all the adventures I've had. Soon I'll see what adventures will do to my body though lol.  I hope what ever it is, I won't die from pain. It's crazy, you know how you'll discover that it's worth it. And I wrote all about it in my journal too.  Oh goodness, my face and arms and shoulders hurt though. Oh to love the water and the waves and adventure..

I think I might come back here for another vacation trip at some point. I really love the mountains. I think you enjoy them more though when you're only visiting..

I think I just want to soak up all of this place that I can. I might miss parts of it and I don't want to have any regrets. It's important you make the most of everything experience that you get. Oh I love adventure.. 

I know I've found out many things about myself during this time. I've really missed home though.  How do you foresee what can happen though. Only notice every little moment that you can and soak it up. Only every second, breath it in.  Only some of those moments will stick but it will be more memorable that way. I love this way of living but it's hard to do. This particular trip will be on my mind for awhile though..

All my love,

Grace Kathleen

💗💐

Comments

Popular Posts