Why You Should Be Thankful. Right Now.

Ok, I'm just going to come out and say this. I really want to get married. I know from time to time as single people, we all desire this but I know for me I have romanticized this for ever. Even mom noticed this and we once had a conversation about it. "I really don't think you should be looking at wedding pictures and spending so much time thinking about it." She said in the most loving way. Come to think of it she even asked me what I thought about it. "What do you think?" I used to complain that mom and I never got past the stage of telling me what to do and into the let's talk about it stage but here is a sign of that beginning.

Now as I'm older and can actually go on dates if I want to and the opportunities are limitless, I realize that being single is a beautiful thing and should not be wasted. Mom was right, I should put my focus on other things and not put the idea of being married on a pedestal. It's going to have it's own magic in its time and will be beautiful and painful all at once but for now being single is pretty much the same thing. It's beautiful and painful all at once too.

For a start, here are some things about my life that should be enjoyed rather than dreaded.

Going to college  

Getting a whole campus to your disposal. Random hiding spots to study and a perfect way to get your exercise in. Places to eat and meet other people who are doing what you're doing. Any and every subject to learn about plus lots of ways to get scholarships and funding for those subjects. Also you get to wear what ever you want. Dress up, dress down, no big girl job dress code for you. Yes, it's extremely difficult at times to balance everything but the fact that you have all this freedom should be a joyous thing.

Being apart of a community

I get to be apart of a wonderful church where I know almost everybody and almost everybody knows me so I'm never alone unless I choose to be. My roommates are constantly introducing me to new people and I feel connected all the time. Walking around the square I meet people I know all the time.

West Oak is my favorite spot to study and it feels so good to sit and drink my black coffee, play my music and study for hours on end in such a cosy atmosphere.

Being able to walk to church is also a plus and when I walk in, being able to hi to practically everyone is pretty great. I mean why do I complain in the first place! My life is perfect! OK to be honest no its not but today I'm only listing the pros because I'm being positive.

Having a job and money

This is an important aspect because we need money to live. I'm blessed with a wonderful family to nanny for who want me in their lives not just because I work for them but because we are friends and connected by the Lord. I have freedom to spend my money but also to be wise in how I do.

SOooo guys, let's be positive today. Let's find all the pro's about our life and be thankful!

Much love,
       Grace Kathleen






Comments

Popular Posts