From Another Day

October 12th, Wednesday, 5:33 pm

He rubbed his nose and wagged his tongue up and down from the roof of his mouth.

He brushed the hair from his face and beat the chair with his right hand along with the music.

He seemed utterly content.

I was glad to be his nanny. Part of me was sad though, to know that he would struggle more than most. He would do well I felt, for he had quite a stubborn will about him and that would be his friend later in life.

The air conditioning ran continuously. The singsong tune of completion came from the laundry room, telling me the washer was done churning and sudsing. Sun filtered in through the sheer, covering the front door side windows.

It had been a good day. Early morning class than meeting with a counselor, making me realize I wasn't the only one struggling and she had probably seen tons of people struggling just like me.

A little breakfast to energize me and than talking my self into going to the Children's Developmental Lab. I hadn't felt prepared but I went anyways, telling my self that I could go as many times need be and this one could just be a practice round. I studied the room and watched the children at play. I chose my child and watched the different behaviors delivered. I jumped around a lot just trying to write down anything that struck out to me. It defiantly was a practice round but it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I've quite hit the sleepy hour as write this now but the Lord has been good.

Thank you for listening!

Comments

Popular Posts