Friendship Themes and You're So Far Away

Dear Best Friend,

Obviously you probably won't be reading this but I wanted to write it anyways because today is your birthday and I don't want to pass up the chance to say Happy Birthday to the most amazing person in the world! I am beyond blessed to have known you. I remember the first birthday message I sent you one year ago today. I didn't know you half as well as I know you now and I daresay you are loved abundantly more now than then. 

I know without a shadow of a doubt that the future does hold bright things for you. I can see that good is coming. I've seen you grow and rise above all punches that life has thrown at you. Why one time after listening to a voice message you sent me, I thought, man she is just so brave and strong. Gosh! There's a million and one pieces of metal and debris and rose thorns being flung at you daily and you put your armor on and press forward. You laugh and sing and cry through the pain but keep marching. I could not be prouder of you.

"Oh how the brightly colored window of time sweeps past, blindly bending, hallowed and fierce. 

Oh how my heart races with banging and jumping that won't be still. 

Oh but then the sweetness creeps in, a softness like touch, a gentle touch gracing my arms.

Oh and then sweet relief comes to me. I am surrounded with a goodness that overcomes me. I am not afraid."

You've told me that God is good, you've told me to always choose the good portion, you've told me that I am meant for bigger things then all the hard things that come at me. I believe you.  I hope you know just how big the impact you've made on my life and that if I have hope, it's because of you. If I have relief from my grief and depression, it's because of you.

You have truly changed my life for the better.

I love you very much best friend. I hope you feel it on this day. I hope you feel it and know it and are surrounded by all the people who love you and care for you and celebrate you. Because you are worth celebrating. You are smart and brave and full of passion and strength and you always seek the good of others. I hope others seek your good and speak life over you and fill you up and love you fiercely and unconditionally. 

These two songs make me think of you. Well a lot of songs do but these particularly. We've had so many hard days, so many torrential down pours and who knows what the future holds for us. You are so far away but I'm holding you in my heart for forever. 

All my love,

Grace Kathleen


P.S. I’m thinking I might write a poem. Because I love all the quirky things you do. That way you can have a good laugh at how bad of a poet I am. And me too..

P.S.S. What will I do next. Because I got many possibilities.  I hope the outcome is good. It's a job to decide..

P.S.S.S. I love, I really do, being home. Though I miss certain things about being home that have changed. Too much, you say..

P.S.S.S.S. You know, I found this new tea? I really love to drink it all the time. I wish you all could share it with me. I drink over and over again, that’s how good it is. It’s deep and flavorful and just right. Come on over and I’ll share it with you!..

Comments

Popular Posts