A Song At Night

The quiet surrounds me
I wait

I sense a deep longing
I listen

I feel peace evade me
I know

My weary bones are tired, tired of struggling
But than why am I struggling in the first place?

I need not be
For as long as the Lord is by my side,
I have the tools I need to fight

But I have to fight everyday
everyday to win the war

Prayer, casting out Satan
Tell him to leave
He does not belong in you heart or soul or mind

There is only room for one
And He is Holy One on High

The darkness surrounds me
I close my eyes

I sense a smile beginning
I let it come

I feel so very loved
I am loved

-Grace Kathleen

Comments

  1. Your words are beautiful and exact, my Grace. I am so very proud of you. You have wisdom beyond your years. I love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts