Praise Be!

Let's start by thanking the Lord. He is wonderful, almighty gracious father. 

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,  who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. -2 Corinthians 1:3-4

One of my favorite moments of the day was when I was hurting, overwhelmed and feeling like the world was caving in around me. Ok I know that doesn't sound right but right in the middle of it I got a random text form my god mother and I remembered that she was right there if I needed her. I called her and she spoke such life into my life. Sometimes when you're in the middle of your self you need a wake up call.

"You have the gift of worship so worship. Just call on the Lords name or sing."

One thing that really stood out to me was when she said.

"Don't stay there, don't dwell there."

Why let Satin win? Pull your self away. Don't let him win. The Lord gives us tools. Use them. I'm so thankful for people the Lord puts in my life. Just talking it through with someone who cared made such a difference. Immediately after the phone conversation, the heaviness was gone. 

Before we hung up, she prayed for me. She prayed that I would have a garment of praise. I remembered a song. A short song with those same words. I sang it all the way to school and it kept me going all through the rest of the day.

"Put on the garment of praise
For the spirit of heaviness
Lift up your voice to God
Pray in the spirit
And with understanding
Oh magnify the Lord"

Thank you Jesus for the "calm in the storm" as Emma would say. Thank you for putting a new hope in my heart.

-Grace Kathleen


Comments

Popular Posts