Dear Reader,

Well, I'm a little nervous to say that today I was absolutely an emotional wreck and yet I can't say why. I feel so close to the answer in which I dearly seek. What will I pursue in life? And then, I watch as that nearly grasped answer, crumbles before me. I look up and see all that my older siblings have accomplished and are working towards and I feel that I'm just fumbling around doing nothing.

The Lord speaks to me though.  He is saying simply this.

You are not your older siblings. You are you. Do not put your self in that box of feeling that what they have are done and are doing is what you have to do. I will guide your EVERY STEP. It may not feel like I am and that you fumble around but I am there. All the time.

Thank you Lord. You are right. I don't have to go to school and get a degree. I don't have to run my own, personal business. I don't have to do any one thing. I can do it all, little by little as the Lord leads. I can serve my family and play the piano. I can cook and bake bread. I sing and act. I can even go to school and get a degree or start promoting my self, starting my own business. The options are limitless and the Lord will be there all the while.

Be thankful for every little moment and every little thing in your life. Be blessed this Thanksgiving!

-Grace Kathleen

Comments

  1. I love you, my Grace. My heart feels your heart cry. You are on the right path. I'm so proud of you for seeking the Lord and listening to his voice. You are a jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, I just found your blog and so much of what you write reminds me of how I felt when I was late teens/early twenties.

    I remember wondering if I would ever get to do something "exciting" when I had such simple interests and didn't care about "changing the world". Not quite the same as feeling like I must live up to my siblings, but somehow the emotion seems similar.

    My adventure did find me. It didn't look like fireworks or have a flashing neon sign. For me it looked like bravely applying to college despite worrying that I wasn't a good enough student and then going to a local university. This after 6 years post-high school of a very simple life at home. Baby steps. No single step was flashy. I had no grand plan. I just did the next thing each step of the way.

    And now when I look back, my journey has become a grand adventure that has taken me across country and pushed me and challenged me beyond anything I imagined at twenty. It has given me a life I love.

    All this to say, don't be afraid that your adventure will never arrive, or that you must drum up a grand vision for you life. Just be you. Just keep taking those baby steps towards the things you love. Your adventure will find you. (Just step out your door - "...there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.")

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts