James

Brothers are a glorious thing
Tall and straight, wise and compassionate
Honest with me

I remember as a child he would take me on "sister-brother" dates and buy me perfume and food.
Now we bike winding trails or he drives to my house to change the starter in my car.
He still buys me food and perfume too

The 4th of July was one of those times
He called me up and the plan was made to hang
What sticks closely to my mind was not the biking, the movie, the delicious breakfast,
but on how we ended the day, on his roof, watching fireworks with popcorn, chocolate ice cream and glow sticks wrapped around our wrists.

Maybe it was the exciting-scary thrill of being so high in the sky,
or that we mused and questioned and sought after answers to the many uncertainties in our lives,
but something clicked in my heart and I knew that I had change my perspective and give this life the Lord has given me another chance.

This brother of mine does not fully realize that even though he may not be where he wants to be in life, he's a powerful life source in my life, his opinion, his wisdom, his time and energy spent to encourage me and bless me is my constant reminder that God is good. He's given me brothers.

It was his birthday a couple days ago and I realized I didn't really get to spend much time with him or tell him all the things I wanted to tell him, so here is post that will reach his email and hopefully let him know how much he means to me and how much I'm praising Jesus for him.

Comments

  1. <3 I wish I had an older sibling to take care of me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts