Monday Wisdom

It's as if this heavy weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I still have one very full day of finals and projects due but it's as if I look forward to the studying because I'm not bombarded by classes and daily assignments anymore. It's just one day and when this one day is over it's summer time for me.

This morning, on my way home from work I stopped to get coffee. A few steps down the sidewalk I glanced down at my wallet and phone in my hand and realized that I didn't have my keys. "Oh shoot," I breathed under my tongue. Only a miracle would allow my car to be unlocked. Of course it wasn't but I knew what I had to do. This being the second time this year that I've locked my keys in my car, I was ultimately frustrated with myself but at the same time it reminded me of the good lesson it was to learn that sometimes no matter the cost it's important to take responsibility for our actions.

Over December I fell and sprained my ankle. I went to the Doctor and they told me to go get an X Ray but I didn't. It was finals week and they told me it wasn't broken so I figured it would heal on its own. Well of course, it didn't and here I am five months later with still a swollen and aching ankle. Obviously it will cost money that I don't have but on the other hand my health is important and I have to trust that the Lord will make a way.

Things like these are out of my control but I have to choose that caring for my safety, my health, and my well being are more important then worrying about money because the Lord cares for even the wildflowers and the birds of the air. Maybe it's just me still learning how to be an adult for these have been hard decisions to make, knowing what is wise and a right way to handle my money.

I wanted to share this as an encouragement and to remind you that the Lord's got you, even in bigger financial issues then these that I've shared. It doesn't matter the circumstances for sometimes we have to be bold, be brave and the Lord will catch us.

Comments

Popular Posts