Another Day at the Library

The heater at my feet wraps around me like a warm blanket. The weather continues to be miserable with rain and ice and wind. 

Walking to work this morning, up hill, down hill, floods of water almost washed me away. I believe the sun hasn't come out in four days. It makes for dreary outside activities.

Wafts of bacon, burnt coffee and toasted bread tickle my nose. My tummy rumbles. Oh how tempting Starbucks makes it for all of us at the Library.

It is so quiet. So still. Besides the whirring fan of the heater, distant footsteps, muted voices here and there and the occasional squeak of the Starbucks door, there is nothing to wake me from my daze. My eyes droop.

Computers are dark, chairs are sitting empty, for who is inclined to be at school on a Friday. The question is repeated and then answered. Well, me of course.

Lunch is just around the corner. I look forward to it with eagerness. Not because, my job isn't exciting and I don't enjoy every minute of it, but because food and a little shut eye just sounds so inviting.

And another hour is passing. The morning creeps by slowly. It is time for another activity to waken my sleepy eyes and put energy in my step.

Related image

Comments

  1. Oh how accurate this is in the summer. Minus the rain. ~KL and DR

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts