Sunday

Home. 
Dimly lit room. 
Cold brew coffee and Sissel, tingling my taste buds and my ear drums. 
Studying.

I was surprised at the Lord tonight. Although why I ever am I don’t know why. I volunteered to make dinner for Tay and Josh and after arriving home with out knowing which way they would go I proceeded to make dinner anyways. Taylor was lounging in her hammock in the sunny, cool backyard trying to read several hundred pages of text book. I stepped outside and told her there was food if she was hungry. 





A few minutes later she wandered in and we sat down to a scrumptious meal of turkey sausage sweet potato hash and greens while watching TV show “New Girl.” Josh stepped through the door from next door, served up a plate and joined us on the couch.
 After an episode, I mentioned how all we needed was ice-cream to finish the meal and Josh commented that he was just thinking that. We jumped in my car and drove to Kroger for Butter Pecan and all the toppings. I remember thinking to my self how this was the first time I was spending time with these particular awesome people and it made me so glad inside. I marveled and thanked the Lord all at once. I’ve always wanted life to be an adventure with sweet moments where you didn’t worry about tomorrow and tonight was just like that.

Now sitting here with homework and music and friends on the couch it feels like there is hope for me yet. Earlier today I was going back and forth from raising my voice at the passing traffic to blushing horrifically over something embarrassing that I said months ago. It seemed like the end of the world then but now those things are fading and are not as important as they were. I pray for a good start to this next week. I have a lot of resolutions and now in this moment I feel that they are possible to accomplish. Although Lord you are constantly amazing me I’m glad I am amazed. It is good to always be in awe of You. Thank you. 

With Love,
   Grace Kathleen

Comments

Popular Posts