Earth To Grace

Earth Science has a very strong pull towards math. As I don't much care for math, earth science is not much better. When I rushed into the class room on the first day of class, verging on being a minute late since walking from the Business building to the Environmental Science Building is quite the jaunt, I took in the seemingly 100's of people with a swift glance. I found a seat and fumbled to it. My professor, Doctor Fei Fei Pan began by explaining to us what his name meant and his humorous but heavy accented voice lightened the air.

A couple days later when I was studying for his class, I was surprised at how enjoyable and exciting it was to be learning about the Earth. I am now into the second week and I have to force my self to pay attention. It is really an overload of information and I just can't seem to grasp the concepts. So many foreign words and graphs that describe solar wind and the position of the sun in the sky in different parts of the world.

It's not all down hill from here. Each day I sit through class I have to make the decision, by each second and minute to right down feverishly everything I hear from his mouth, studying intently the power points he displays on the screen and sort as best I can the words he says, and my comprehension of it into relatively understandable themes.

Let's just say I tried just zoning out, thinking I could look back on the powerpoint he sends out to all his students but when I did that, I realized I knew absolutely nothing. You have to make the decision. Do I want to succeed? Do I want to learn? Do I want to pass the class? If your answer is yes to any of these questions than make the effort every time. Even when you're sleepy eyed and exhausted from the hike, hunker up and do your best. The Lord will reward your efforts.

I have found I can view my sinful nature in the same light. Even though we try to overcome it, it keeps creeping back. Just don't give up. Just keep trying. Seek the Lord over and over again. Fall on your knees and cry out to Him. The Lord will reward your efforts. He will see you inside and out, the good and the bad and will bring you out of it. Even if the freedom comes very slowly, over days, weeks, months, years, never quit giving it your all.

From me to you,
       Grace Kathleen

Comments

Popular Posts