I love you. Be brave.

The stars peeped through the darkened windows and glowed on the three, lounged on black leather couches, talking and laughing together. Suddenly they were very still, listening to the stillness. The brown haired girl sat next to her brother and his wife, listening to the warmth in their voices as they let her in on the secrets of men and love and the difference between waffle hands and dove hands. She listened intently and stored all these things in her heart. They advised her, they encouraged her and she went to bed knowing that a certain man in her life needed to be let go of.

She was ready to act, getting the darn barrier out of the way. He was in the way of her moving on with her life but how and what words to say and what manner should they be said? She tossed and turned that night and through the next day her mind pondered and wondered and worried but she continued to ask the Lord. Please if I'm supposed to do this give me affirmation.

She went to choir practice and sat by her self on the bottom row. Along came her friend who through one Sunday, singing together, had become fast one of her mother figures in her life. She watched her climb to the top most row and sit down. I should go sit with her.  She didn't want too though. She couldn't lie if her friend asked her how she was and she was tired of explaining the story and getting all this advice. Again. Go sit with her. Lord I just don't have the energy to obey.  She heard her self say that and knew she had better just go and stop making excuses. Grabbing her brown leather purse and sheet music, she climbed to the top and sat next to her blond headed friend.

She did not expect the response she got when she began telling her story to her friend. The affirmation she was waiting for did not come. Instead she got. Wait, don't step away from a place where have been serving and receiving good things. The guy is there all the time when you go to church but you just need to set your boundaries. The affirmation she had asked for wasn't there so she knew she couldn't she couldn't escape him from running, she had to face him head on. What a learning experience it would be. Can I be strong enough?  She wondered. What if I give in and let him compliment my ear off?  She worried. What, if, I'm not supposed to listen to my friend and this is a test and I should run and get out?  She pondered.  And then the still, small voice came to her ear. Don't be afraid of making this decision. I am right here. I am guiding you all the time. You're not going to miss what I've called you to do. I love you. Be brave.

Sometimes it is that simple. The Lord will never leave you nor forsake you. Even in doubt, His steady right hand will guide you. Be brave dear hearts. He is with you, He is with you. Forever. Amen.

Much love,
       Grace Kathleen

Comments

Popular Posts