The New Year, January 2016

Through out the past months I've felt lost. But slowly and surely the Lord pushed me forward and I made it through, ready for a new year and new experiences.

I'm about to start school at San Antonio College. For awhile I just freaked out. Did I have everything I needed? What if I failed in my classes? What if the classes weren't what I though they'd be? All this was just Satan trying to discourage me and bring me down.

It's Friday, four days till my first day of class. I'm so excited! I visited SAC this morning and scouted out my class rooms, posed for my student ID picture, bought a lanyard, a college sticker for my car and my very own blue sweat shirt with San Antonio College on the front. The buildings are old fashioned with some, like the music building, actually in an old house. The air smells of flowers and fresh cut grass.

It really feels so good to be going back to school. I didn't realize how much I missed it and as I walked the campus it felt like it was my very own campus. I picked it, I applied, I registered and figured out what I needed for class all on my own. Of course the Lord helped me the entire time and through Him I did not give up but persevered.

I'm taking an acting class, stage production, choir and Italian. Through this next season I pray that I will not forget how the Lord took care of me and remember that He's got me. Here we go 2016!!

-Grace Kathleen







Comments

Popular Posts