Reading the Bible One Morning

Psalm 8:3-8

When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?
 You have made them a little lower than the angels
    and crowned them with glory and honor.
 You made them ruler over the works of your hands;
    you put everything under their feet:
 all flocks and herds,
    and the animals of the wild,
 the birds in the sky,
    and the fish in the sea,
    all that swim the paths of the seas.

What a beautiful responsibility we have taking care of God's creation, including our selves. Sometimes I get annoyed because the world puts such a high standard on how we as people should dress, how we should act and what we should have. But sometimes I take this to far to the point of doing nothing. This verse reminds me that taking care of the things we own and our body's is simply honoring what the Lord has given us. It's kind of hard to put into words but today as I was reading this verse, it struck me in a new way, the beauty of it, not the chore.

Comments

Popular Posts