Beethoven's 5th Symphony

Beethoven had quiet a sad life but he learned how to cope with it and use it to his advantage. At the young age of twenty he grew deaf and the doctors said it was fixable but by his middle thirties, with no change he began to question that. He wrote a very depressing letter saying he was ready for death and bequeathing his things to his brothers. Although this seems dramatic, I can relate to it. Sometimes life can get the best of me and although I have all four senses and am healthy and have a car and family and friends who love me, I still wonder what the point of living is.

Here is one of his most well known symphonies that creates the picture of fate knocking on your door.  Not necessarily death just fate.


Although he could never hear his works live he kept writing music through his loss. Beethoven inspired me to keep fighting even though it may seem hopeless because why are we here? To praise the Lord in our struggles, not our selves.

-Grace

Comments

Popular Posts