Work in Progress

November 5th, 2019

It’s safe to say I feel disjointed, separate, hanging by a thread, from the wine branch. But that is ok, because I am a work in progress. It only becomes not ok when I sit in this, with walls up and surrounded misery, and do nothing with it. God is a holy and glorious king, who created me and should be feared on every level. Do we fear him.

Sometimes we are like what Jude says, “clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted-twice dead. We are like wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness had been reserved forever."  -Jude 1:12

As harsh as this may seem, we are hypocrites of everything we stand for. Claiming for a truth that even we cannot hold too. Are we choosing Him.

I sit with Jesus this morning, marveling in his gentleness in calling me to him. All week and the last week he has been calling me. He always calls me but now I’m listening. I am a work in progress.

I hunger for a better day where humanness does not take over inside of me. “Be merciful,” Jude says, “to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear-hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.” -Jude 1:22

This seems like a high standard, a higher level of thinking. Impossible I say. But when we sit with him daily, “keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ,” you will be empowered to catch others from falling.

Catch yourself. Work in progress I say. 

Comments

Popular Posts