Oswald Chambers
June 3rd

What is the sign of a friend? Is it that he tells you his secret sorrows? No, it is that he tells you his secret joys. Many people will confide their secret sorrows to you, but the final mark of intimacy is when they share their secret joys with you.............What makes God so dear to us is not so much His big blessings to us, but the tiny things, because they show His amazing intimacy with us— He knows every detail of each of our individual lives.............God guides us by our everyday choices. And if we are about to choose what He does not want, He will give us a sense of doubt or restraint, which we must heed. Whenever there is doubt, stop at once. Never try to reason it out, saying, “I wonder why I shouldn’t do this?” God instructs us in what we choose; that is, He actually guides our common sense. And when we yield to His teachings and guidance, we no longer hinder His Spirit by continually asking, “Now, Lord, what is Your will?”


Reading this today reminded me that most often then not, I wake up and start dreading everything I have to do. My thoughts are completely negative as if the world was coming to an end, which wouldn't actually be a bad thing haha. The point being my day starts with grumblings and groanings. I caught myself one morning waking up with a sour face and a discontent heart and had to force myself to be thankful. 

When did my life get to be such a misery? What changed? It doesn't have to be this way. I don't have an answer but I know I can start by being thankful for the things I do have.

Many times I doubt God and his goodness. Without a doubt, sometimes it's hard to feel and sense His presence. But then you have to remind yourself of the little things. That time, when you started a new job and were so nervous but excited and then the whole day goes smoothly. That was the Lord. The other day when you're dreading the long drive to work and then you find that out of the way coffee shop that will be the perfect lunch spot. That was the Lord. Or just when a friend or family member is on your heart and you feel helpless to be an encouragement and He gives you the words to pray or that text to send. THIS. ALL. Is the Lord.

How many times have I heard this story and have to be reminded of it? Too many times. Thank you Lord for speaking through Oswald to bring me back to saneness. I can only write of what I know, my older sister once said. This is what I know. The Lord is good, He is real and He will always be giving us things to be thankful.

Happy Sunday!
Related image






















Comments

Popular Posts