The Romance of Denton

     Well lately its been just poems, but tonight I will share a little more. I have moved to one busy, bustling town. My street, Alice St, has road work non stop. If it's not blocking both ends of my street, it's blocking both ends of the adjoining street. I have always loved exploring new places, so this just gives me an excuse for finding another way around to get where I need to be.

     I have a nice backyard and the front has its charms as well. One evening, after it had cooled off, I sat outside on a blanket. Well really it was a swim towel but a blanket sounds nicer. As I was saying, a blanket and sketched the friendly tree in the neighbors yard in front of me. I put on my classical music, not too loud so as not to disturb anyone and began penciling the form of the tree. A girl, two guys and their dog strolled by and apologized for disturbing me. I laughed inside. In San Antonio, this would have been out of place but here in Denton it was completely normal and required an apology. Let's not disturb the artist at work, sitting crosslegged, feverishly burning lead and absently staring at nothing. At that moment I felt alive and perfectly at home.

     I have had one job interview and an offer for another. The first went well and I look forward in seeing how the Lord orchestrates the rest. I am not, shall we say, perfectly at peace with my self. My roommates have not really moved in yet and as I have no job and school as not started yet, I long for Sunday to come when I can see people and interact with human faces. I have so much to be thankful for and I am thankful but as there's always a but, I find the quiet to be hard at times.

     The Village church is a small community, I guess considering where I previously went; CBC was the largest church in San Antonio. I find I love it. Although I've only been once since moving to Denton, the people are friendly and engaging, the music moving and the Pastor has good word based truths to share.

     Well there is more but for now that is all. Love you all so much!

-Grace Kathleen




Comments

Popular Posts