11:30 pm (late night)

The room was quiet still but for the deep base voices down stairs and the whir of occasional cars passing. I listened to the quiet and found peace and loneliness at the same time. I was alone but I was not afraid.

Jo's voice broke through my musings. "G...huh?...that's a four chord....yawn." And Nanie's, "What! How's a person supposed to fit that in a pack? It better be worth it." 

Awe..I thought, just a dream. I was envisioning what it would be like when both wonderful roomies where going and it would just be me.  I better save that for later when it's actually here, I think.  Back to real life now.

It's eleven thirty and I should go to bed but I know if I do I won't sleep for hours. As long as the girls are up making noise my ears and brain won't stop whirring. Silly me I think, but what can one do?


Comments

Popular Posts