Being a Child

Here is a poem I wrote a while back.  It reminds me of memories of being young and carefree, outside all day, getting soaked to the bone and never wondering past the moment.  Hope you enjoy!
____________________________________________________________

The wind hurries and shakes
the loosely braided hair on my face

The children laugh and scream
as they play in the stream

The sun is yellow and gold
and I shout to the world
the secret's of each of these things

The leaves shutter and droop
as the rain falls like soup

Every tree is lime green
instead of brown like a bean

Puddles start to form
and I am so forlorn
that I can't play outside anymore.

Comments

  1. My dear Grace...this is beautiful. And heart-wrenching...childhood can't be brought back, I suppose. You are truly an artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days I wish it but no it can't be so. Miss and love you dear!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts