COVID 19

March 19, 2020
COVID 19


There has never been a storm quite like this one.
I don’t think I’ve ever had two long weeks quite like this.
It’s midnight and a storm is beating, raging, yelling in my face.
Not brewing, but currently in being.
Rain is pelting at my window,
Along with the steady downpour turning the corners of my house into sludge.
Thunder crackles and yet rumbles at the same time in furious synchronization. 
The lights flicker and go out.
I sit up in bed and reach for my phone.
There is a breath and then they come back on.
Lightning illuminates the window and outlines my home sweet home picture. 


I want to sleep but my terror and sleeplessness stands in my way.
It feels like an apocalypse or the end of the world.
Many times I’ve experienced moments in my life that felt so surreal
but this one stands out as the most.
I feel this inner raging inside of me that will not quiet.
I need you to quiet.
At this moment, the rain softens and thunder sounds far off.
Drip, drop, patter, splat is all that is left of the rain.
I guess you’re listening Lord.


I am sleepy now. Goodnight.

Comments

Popular Posts